Jummah Mubarak everyone. I had been getting some requests for another Keto dessert. So I decided on sharing a ridiculously easy one. I give you my favourite Keto chocolate mousse recipe. Creamy, comforting and within my macros. I swear, I could marry this.
It has been an indulgence that I often return to. Not too often, of course, since heavy whipping cream has caused me to break out in the past. If that is the case for you as well, reduce the amount of cream, and whip two egg whites until stiff. Adding them into the mixture will give it the same body.
A Keto Chocolate Mousse…With Coffee
Now, I did add some espresso powder to this recipe. I must emphasise that this is entirely optional. I just think that coffee amplifies the taste of chocolate. But I also understand that it is an acquired taste. So, if it isn’t your cup of tea; by all means leave it out!
Nigella reruns (we must channel the comfort-cooking queen for this one)
- 0.25 cup cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 4 tsp Swerve sweetener (confectioners)
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 tsp halal gelatin
- Cool whip (optional)
- Heat a sauce pan on medium heat. Melt the cocoa butter and cacao powder together. Add half the sweetener into the mixture.
- In a bowl, combine the cream, espresso powder and the remaining sweetener, whip it until it is light and airy.
- In a separate bowl combine the gelatin with a teaspoon of water. Approximately a minute later, the mixture should be jelly-like. Add it to the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, fold the cream into it, a little at a time. Fold it in gently so that the cream doesn’t lose its airiness. Pour it into a glass. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Once it is firm, top it with some Cool Whip and sprinkle some espresso powder. Serve cold.